Young Earth Dragon Fiction
Dinosaurs and Man Coexisted in History
Leviathan Literature, Creation Fiction and Behemoth Books are the terms I like to use for Young Earth Dragon Fiction. Perhaps one will rise up to claim the lead for explaining the genre.
There is a burgeoning movement to take dinosaurs/dragons and place them in their right and truthful place within the Biblical worldview of our Creator.
The books of The Peleg Chronicles treat dragons as normative, historical animals, during the time soon after the Tower of Babel dispersion – not as magical/mythical creatures. Nor must literary characters transport to an evolutionary time period millions of years ago to encounter these fantastic beasts. The truth really is more exciting than fiction!
“Yet one source of information provides the missing clues about the origin and demise of dinosaurs – God’s eyewitness account of earth history, the Bible. It tells when all the land animals were created, and it describes the largest mass destruction of animals in earth history … Christians must never compromise the clear teaching found in the history book of the universe, the Bible.”
– Mike Riddle, a former captain in the U.S. Marine Corps, is a well-known creation speaker for Answers in Genesis-USA. He holds a bachelors degree in mathematics and a masters in education.
“Among all the kindes of Serpents, there is none comparable to the Dragon, or that affordeth and yeeldeth so much plentifull matter in history for the ample discovery of the nature thereof.”
– Edward Topsell, Historie of Serpents 1608
“But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall teach thee: Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?”
– Job, a man from ancient times who knew of Dragons first hand and personally spoke with God! Job 12:7-9
“Unfortunately, most people equate dinosaurs with millions of years and the evolution belief system. Dinosaurs have become almost icons for evolutionary teaching – they’re treated as sacred “gods” that belong only to evolutionists for their purpose of indoctrinating generations in secular humanism.
This has occurred because the church – by and large – handed dinosaurs over to the “world” when they abandoned the literal history so clearly communicated in Genesis and allowed belief in millions of years and evolutionary ideas (like the big bang) to be taught to generations.
Well, we want to put the evolutionary secular humanists on notice: we’re taking dinosaurs back!”
– Ken Ham, is the founder and president of Answers in Genesis-USA. He has authored or co-authored many books concerning the authority and accuracy of God’s Word and the effects of evolutionary thinking, including Genesis of a Legacy and The Lie: Evolution.
“The dragons of the Bible could well be the dinosaurs of paleontology. It is significant that not only in the Bible but also in the ancient records and traditions of most of the nations of the world, tales of dragons abound. Such a universal phenomenon must have a universal explanation, and the best explanation is that all the ancient nations actually had had experiences with dinosaurs. A detailed study of the different dragon “traditions” has pointed out that there were evidently many different kinds of dragons and that these more or less corresponded to the different known kinds of dinosaurs.”
– Dr. Henry M. Morris, wrote many books about the creation/evolution debate and earned the title “The Father of Modern Creationism. He is a respected scientist as well, and has written a number of textbooks in his own field. He founded the Institute for Creation Research in California.
“We believe the earth was created in six literal, 24-hour days, about 6000 years ago. We believe dinosaurs have always lived with man. They were called “dragons” throughout most of human history.
Noah took them on the ark (probably juveniles–just be sure to get a pink one and a blue one!). After the Flood, people killed most of them. There are probably a few small ones still alive today in remote parts of the world.”
– Dr. Kent Hovind, is the founder of Creation Science Evangelism. He was a high-school science teacher for 15 years. His ministry exists to support and proclaim the truth of God’s Word, demonstrating the perfect harmony of the Biblical record with factual science and history.